Sunday, February 22, 2009

Digsby, TwitterFox & Zemanta

<span class=Image via Wikipedia

For all Firefox users out there, I've got a couple of good apps that I've tried out over the last couple of days to recommend.

Digsby

Digsby integrates IM, Email and Social Networking sites into one platform. Unfortunately, this app isn't in the cloud (I would venture a guess that it's going that way), but I used Google chat, Facebook chat, Gmail, Facebook and Linkedin with great ease.

Unfortunately, I'm using my roommate's computer these days, but if I had my own, I would certainly have this application downloaded and would use it very often. The ability to quickly log in to all of these sites from one centralized platform is so quick and easy, and I would highly recommend you give Digsby a try.

TwitterFox

This is a simple Firefox add-on that allows users to control their Twitter account from a simple icon at the bottom right of the Firefox window. The nice thing about TwitterFox is that it notifies the user when a new Tweet comes across so that it isn't necessary to log in to Twitter time and again to check for Tweet, messages and replies.

Zemanta

Zemanta is a Firefox add-on that enables bloggers and Gmailers to enrich blogs and emails by suggesting tags, links, photos and related articles. In fact, I have used it in this blog post to find the Digsby logo, it has suggested links and tags, and it found related articles below.

No comments:

Post a Comment